Sunday, March 8, 2009

Why You'll Regret Not Blogging

As much as we all hate those old childhood home videos because they showcase that funky '80s hair style or that goofy life stage you were in, the older you get the more your hate turns into a love. It's actually pretty cool watching stuff that actually happened. It's like re-living the moment again! See, I think looking at your past is healthy. When we look at our past we see just how good God is and we can learn what mistakes to never do again. (so long knee-high-socks-with-the-colored-stripe-at-the-top!)

Blogging, or journaling, helps me remember, reflect, and rejoice. I think those are worthy things to put some effort towards. Yes, it takes discipline, but it also takes a change of mind first. So...

Here's my list (in no particular order) of reasons why you'll regret not blogging:

1. You'll have missed out on the opportunity to journal with a built-in archiving system.
2. You'll have missed out on the opportunity to capture a specific experience because now you can't remember the details a week later.
3. Your good friend across the country couldn't get a glimpse into your life even though they would have loved to on a consistent basis.
4. You ended up with 6 blank fancy journals that ended up on a bookshelf.
5. You can add real video (can't do that on paper!)
6. You'll end up forgetting that great thought you just had to share with everyone
7. It could have helped you work through a particular thought
8. It would have helped your writing/communicating skills
9. Your thought/prayer/idea could have connected with and encouraged someone
10. The entire rest of your life is digital now (music, movies, mail, etc.) and you just now figured out that's why a journal never stuck.

I'm sure I could go on, but I won't. I hope I've changed your mind.
And now 10 months later when I start to doubt the benefits of this whole thing, I can come back to this post and remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment