Tuesday, February 16, 2010

5 + 2 + 1 = 5,000

We've got a botched math system.
I think I'm beginning to understand God's better math system.
Here is my theory:  with God, addition turns to multiplication.

As I was reading through the miracle of Jesus feeding the 5,000 men with only 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish (Luke 9), I felt as if God was saying, "As long as I'm in the equation you have to stop using your math and start remembering my math."

We all get so used to using our math system all the time when we go shopping or out to dinner or get paid, but our math gets turned upside down every time Jesus enters the equation.


5 loaves + 2 fish + 1 Jesus = 5,000 men eating to their hearts delight!


We can't ever forget that adding Jesus to the equation multiplies everything everytime.
 
Luke 8:17
"They all ate as much as they wanted, and afterward, the disciples picked up twelve baskets of leftovers!"

No comments:

Post a Comment