Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Prayer for Today

To have silence.

I know that is a gift, but sometimes it feels like a curse; like something isn't right if I get too much of it. I feel awkward, like I'm not progressing, like I'm wasting precious time that has been given to me so I can accomplish the tasks of the day. Email, voicemail, snail-mail, texting, meetings, internet, TV, CDs, iPods, mp3's, car stereo, even reading. God, my prayer today is that I would grab the opportunities of silence because it is in those moments that I get a chance to hear your voice and drink your cup and feel your reality. To be still with you even but for a minute is a priceless gift worth opening.

For how can I move properly if I haven't stayed still long enough for you to move me. May I not be moved by anything other than your voice today.

Thank you for the silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment