Saturday, February 21, 2009

I Worried, Therefore I Doubted

It's hard living off of one income. In Southern California. With a child. I complain all the time actually; way more than I should because I'm actually so blessed. But honestly, it's hard to keep perspective when everyone I surround myself with has more material blessings than me. So...I worry. And when I worry I'm revealing the seed of doubt that has taken root. Maybe the only way to get rid of it is a little at a time, but I wish it was quicker.

I've been worrying lately about money, but when I do God gives me His Word:


"No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are?" (Matt. 6:24-26, NLT)
God will provide. Stop comparing yourself with others; you're looking in the wrong direction! Start living for the right Master and you don't actually need to worry about anything! And here's two blessings that God used within the past two days to actually show me I don't need to worry:
  • My uncle gave me a random small "cash" gift
  • Our tax return is more than enough to pay off a debt that I've been thinking about for months!
The Master is good...who else is like Him?! Nobody!

2 comments:

  1. it's funny how we always worry and get anxious about money and God continues to provide OVER AND OVER again.

    There is NO ONE LIKE HIM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reminder, Brian. I'm tracking with you!
    -z

    ReplyDelete