Friday, July 17, 2009

A Rant: Fascination & Questions & Scripture

(Listened to an interview with Rob Bell & it just ignited a flame inside of me. The guy overflows with fascination for all things Scripture. He asks questions. It inspired me.)

When you're in a class in school, don't you ask questions in order to learn more?
When you're in the presence of a professor or professional, don't you want to ask questions so you can try to get some insights that may help you on your journey?
When you're around kids, don't they just seem to explode with fascination & questions?
Isn't a kid who asks questions better than a kid who thinks she knows EVERYTHING?
If you sat down with Barrack Obama, don't you think you'd want to ask a few questions?

SO...

When's the last time you questioned The Scriptures while you had your "quiet time"?
Aren't we actually supposed to ask questions EVERY TIME we read it? If we don't, aren't we just reading for entertainment or out of legalism or habit. At the very least, shouldn't I ask at least one question? For CRYING OUT LOUD, isn't a "quiet time" a time when I, lowly student, sit at the feet of The Professor of The Universe?!!

I believe that when we stop asking questions we've lost our fascination with Scripture. I think MOST OF THE TIME when we read Scripture we miss out on SO MUCH because we're way to quick to skip over our questions. After all, WHO HAS TIME TO ACTUALLY ASK A QUESTION & SEARCH FOR AN ANSWER?!?!

For me, no questions = no humility & no desire to learn something new.
I was inspired to ask questions, I hope you're inspired to do the same.

There...rant is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment