Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Presence of God

You often hear people say "We just want your presence God". Have you heard that? I have. But after reading a bit of Old Testament you soon quickly learn that having the presence of God isn't always a good thing.


Numerous times it says "...and the presence of the LORD came down.." and then something happens. And so far, in my reading, the stuff that follows isn't usually butterflies & lemonade. Fires, plagues, earth opening up and swallowing people, leprosy, those are just some of the after-effects from the presence of God.


So, the next time you hear the person next to you in church pray, "I just want your presence God," you might want to back away...


I'm just telling it like I read it.
=)


PS. I realize this post is nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment